Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good News!


By request of Chanel, I am updating. :]
I survived Stockholm! Im now on a farm in Laholm, near Goetheborg! Its fabulous down here, except for the weather. Im really not down with how cold it has been. And the people who live here say that this is the coldest its been during the summer in a whiiiillle. Why!!! I dont even have winter clothes in Florida, why would I bring any with me on this trip!? Ive been wearing the same thing since I got here (on Monday. whoa! Have I been here that long?!).... except that I switched from leggings + shorts to leggings + jeans. yup, its gotten colder. I've become an expert at making fires!!!! Thats always a good skill to have.
The kind of work that we have been doing wasnt really what I was expecting. We have mainly been weeding the vineyard (we had some wine from the grapes the other night. Talk about delliiiish. ALSO! Im not a vegetarian on this farm, because THE MEAT THAT THEY EAT IS RIGHT HERE! I met the cows and the sheep, and they're the ones that they eat!!!! So environmentally friendly! AND! They use ALL parts of the animals that they kill!!!!! :] AAAANNNNDDD, the veggies that they have been cooking come from Maria's farm! aaaaahhhhh, its like heaven.), and moving TREES from field, which will get picked up later, and the field will be turned into pasture land! :] They keep talking about how important it is to rotate things around the farm, and I can't help but feel a little bad/guilty for not having finished reading Michael Pollan's The Omnivores Dilemma....

Oh, Sweden is GORGEOUS.

....last thing: www.bataholm.com im on a farm, motha fuckas!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a marvelous adventure. You must be having a wonderful time despite the bad weather. Enjoy your summer. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete